Back to Matte and Earth Tones


As none of my family is in London for Xmas this year, I decided to spend it by watching the whole 4 seasons of The Vampire Diaries a.k.a movie marathon accompanied with red wine.  I love Elena Gilbert make-up look - a very simple, nothing too made up and yet looks fresh and gorgeous (that's what most teens should look like I suppose).  
Recently, I have been all about bright lips and smoke eyes and since I finished the seasons, I thought I might try something more natural and more low key look.  This is my first time that I tried make up inspired by celebrities so hope you guys enjoyed it ^^

Face Primer:  Benefit POREfessional
Under eye:  Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer
Concealer:  MAC Select Cover Up - NW 25
Highlighter:  YSL Touche Eclat - No. 2
Powder:  Make Up Forever HD Microfinish Powder - Translucent
Eyebrow:  Illamasqua Eyebrow Cake - Gaze
Eyeshadow Primer:  Illamasqua Cream Pigment - Hollow
Eyeshadow:  MAC Pigment in Indianwood; Illamasqua Eyeshadow - Vernau along the lid; Urban Decay Naked Basic Palette - Faint on the outer corner of the eye + along the crease & along the lower lash line
Eyeliner:  Rimmel Kajal Waterproof - Black
Mascara:  Dejavu Fiberwig - Deep Black
Contour:  Illamasqua Eyeshadow - Vernau
Cheeks:  Benefit High Beam
Lips:  MAC Cremesheen - Fanfare 
For this look, I skip face foundation apart from concealer and highlights, concentrating more on the eyes whilst keeping the rest of the face simple in order to get a closer match to her make-up. 


   

This look is very versatile and will suit everyone who is trying to go for a natural look but still have a bit of colour.  Any matte brown colour works for this look, my personal choice will be either Illamasqua Vernau or Bobbi Brown eyeshadow in Taupe as it has that matte texture plus you can use them not only for eyeshadow but also for contouring.  This is one of the look that can go from day to evening by adding more colours or even different colours on top of the brown or just a glide of bright lips instead. 
Hope you guys enjoy ^^

Comments

  1. Very cute! You channeled her look well, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I've followed your post. Please follow mine as well
    Merry Xmas
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice look! Lovely that you got inspired by Elena Gilbert! Oh I can talk about watching 4 seasons in a short period.. The Vampire Diaries are just so damn addictive!!

    X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

October Purchased

One outfit + 3 different style of shoes

Show Some Love