Purchase of the week - Illamasqua

During my make up course, my tutor has been mentioning about Illamasqua and few of the products she recommended.  Illamasqua has been around UK for quite sometimes now and it is the result of a partnership based on a desire to create a super-strain of makeup which based on Kryolan's 67 years of experienced in make-up industry covering theatre, film and TV.  I have always been tempted to try their products and since I used their Matt Primer and Skin based foundation, I am totally hooked with the brand ^^


From top left:
1. Nail Duo in Spartan & Throb
2. Cream Pigment in Hollow and Delerium
3. Lipstick in Obey and Magnetism 
Tanya the make up artist has been so helpful and she gave me so much information as well as some tips and techniques.  She has her own facebook page called 'Tanyatomamakeupartist' so peeps please like her page because it's always nice to be able to support somebody who has the same interest as ourselves. 
I have seen Nail Duo in Spartan & Throb mostly everywhere, i.e. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest and temptation is over!!!  I told myself that it's a sign that I have to get my hands on.  



It is quite pricey for nail varnishes and I am sure you can get it from drugstore for the dupe.  However, what I love most is the Spartan gold varnish.  It's so pigmented and true gold where most other products tend to have a slightly bronze based or yellow based.  But Spartan is a pure gold colour and you can wear it alone or top it on any other color.  


Tried on Spartan at Illamasqua store ^^
Left:  Hollow
Right:  Delerium
Next products that I got was the Cream Pigment in Hollow and Delerium.  Choosing colours in make up store has always been a nightmare for me because I am weak when it comes to them.  I always felt like I am in a candy shop and just wanted to buy all of them.  But, Tanya has been so helpful and she even explained each products and at the end I chose two neutral colours. Hollow is more of a taupe whilst Delerium is more into a pink tone but both are equally nice and I can see myself using Hollow more as my eyeshadow primer because my MAC Paint Pot is running out.  


Closer look on Delerium (left) and Hollow (right) on the skin
Left:  Obey
Right:  Magnetism
Finally, my last purchases from Illamasqua were their lipstics in Obey and Magnetism.  Magnetism is their new colour range in deep raspberry pink.  I have been looking for a nice plum lip colour which is not too pink but also not too red, and Magnetism is just perfect.  This is a colour that will suit all skin tones as it has a blue undertone and this season is all about red and plum so there you go, go all out this season and like Illamasqua quote 'Makeup for your alter ego' and experiment with color ^^
All I can say, I love Illamasqua and it's definitely in my make up book.  Tanya also told me how good their Nail Top Coat is, so I guess I'll be purchasing them very soon as well as their sealing gel that my tutor is raving all along the class ^^

Enjoy and have a lovely weekend xxx

P.S. I'll be using some of the products tonight so stay tune.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October Purchased

One outfit + 3 different style of shoes

Show Some Love