YSL makeover by Fred Letailleur

Holiday is over, back in London and my first agenda of the week is the appointment with YSL for a makeover with the YSL International Makeup Artist, Fred Letailleur.  I was pretty nervous and excited at the same time because it was my first time to do a makeover and to be honest, I learnt a lot of tips and technique from him by the end of the session ^^.
I have been a big fan of YSL Touche Eclat (who doesn't really!!!) but I never get the right hang on using them.  Therefore, during this makeover I enquired to learn the best way to use Touche Eclat and to explore their new Xmas collection, yay :D
Introduction on the YSL Forever Youth Liberator Serum and how to choose the right foundation color for Le Teint Touche Eclat 


I have received samples of YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat in two different shades and I always go for either beige or natural foundation colour, but during the foundation color match I only found out that the colour of my face is different to my neck 0_0.  Apparently this due to the length of the hair that acts as a sun protection (good to know though).  Anyways, moving on to foundation application Fred showed me how to use foundation brush to achieved a more flawless look - I have my foundation brush for years but always prefer to use my fingers because I always felt that brush tend to rub of the foundation I have put on.  However, by patting the brush on the the face, wow it works and I have been doing that since.  Fred also told me that if using Touche Eclat, always used either blush brush or powder brush to blend them otherwise we would just rubbed the products off the face.



Next we moved on to one of my favourite product from YSL Xmas Collection which is the Highlighter Palette - Polar Light.  Lloyd Simmonds quotes in the website 'A highlighter that adds a radiant glow to the prominent parts of the face:  forehead, temples, cheekbones and even the decollete.  I heart this palette because it doesn't give you too shimmery or even a glittery finish, but more towards a pearly finish and brightens up the area you choose ^^



My second favourite item will be the Pure Chromatics 12 - Arctic Night Wet and Dry Eyeshadow.  The colours are absolutely gorgeous and perfect if you are going for a day look to evening look after work. 


Pure Chromatics Wet and Dry Eyeshadow - 12 Arctic Night

Checking for balance on both eyes ^^ 

Adding a touch of Cream Eyeliner in Gold Lame which can be used as an eyeshadow along the crease to give that xmas festivity feeling :D 
There is a saying that when you go for smokey eyes always toned down the lip colour but Fred showed that you can still look great although you teamed up smokey eyes + bold lip colours No. 12 top with Golden Gloss 55 - Arctic Blue (taste like peppermint) and a hint of Blush Radiance in No. 7 (as you don't want to end up looking like a clown ;p)

Final look:  Androgyny (Thank you Fred for lending me the suit ^^) 
Close up ^^

It has been an honour to be able to meet the most creative make up artist and to learn few tips and tricks from himself.  The last tips that he gave for anyone who considers to get into Make up Industry is always 'be consistent, gathered as much as information and knowledge within the industry and most important is to be passionate with what you are doing'
P.S.  I also want to thank my beloved daddy to take all the pictures, Thank you ^^

Comments

  1. I've never tried YSL make-up before, not that I have a vendetta against it, I've just always been more of a MAC girl! ;) But now, having seen how beautiful you look in YSL make-up, I wanna try it too!!! What lipsticks, eyeshadows and other products would you recommend? Would love your expert opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thanks for your comment ^^

      When it comes to make up, I personally think that its all about experimenting with different brands and color to suit your skin tone. But, main thing to focus is definitely your skin routine so if you have great skin then you don't really need to use loads of make up as they only need to enhance your features and not to cover the imperfection.

      I definitely will invest in YSL touche eclat as they are amazing and have been using them for years.
      Lipstick I use Bobbi Brown, MAC and currently obsessed with Chanel Rouge Allure Red collection coz Im quite sensitive and some of lip products actually leave my lips go numb :(. But, I also love Japanese brand such as melliesh and you can get them either from ebay shop 'alphabeauty' or www.pinkyparadise.com

      Eyeshadow: Too Faced eye palette make a great companion for special occassion, I love coastal scents 88 palette, shu uemura has a great color collection and they are well pigmented n last very long too. My make up teacher told me about Illamasqua eyeshadow and I have yet to try but I love love love their skin based foundation as they give you flawless and natural look and you only need a tiny bit on the face ^^

      Smashbox Halo loose powder and their brow tech kit or pencil are amazing as well.
      I hope that helps and sorry for a very long list but experiment some of them to find the one that best :)

      Take care x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

October Purchased

One outfit + 3 different style of shoes

Show Some Love