Olympics 2012 Fever

 



 It's Olympics 2012 season in London!  The city is heaving and transportation is packed, in addition we are pretty lucky with gorgeous weather.  I have been so busy recently with work and sorting out some stuff before my parents are coming to visit, can't wait!!! :)  Everyone has been talking about the National Hospitality Houses for London 2012 in which some countries chose places around London and set up their national houses during the games.  Some places are open for public, whilst others are private.  My friend and my colleague, Emma, decided to visit the Denmark House at St. Katharine Docks and Austria House Tirol at Trinity House.  Both places are located at Tower Hill station, and I must admit that I have been very lucky with the weather that fill with sunshine and the chance to visit the national houses and to explore their cultures.  The other reason was because Dragon Castle is going to be one of the sponsor for Singles Event a.k.a Chinese Valentines Day on 23rd August 2012 and it will take place at St Katharine Docks, hence I came to have a look.



Link!!!
Olympics Stadium made from Lego!!! How COOL is that ^^

First, we went to Denmark House because someone told us they were offering free hot-dogs and some other Danish food.  They had a massive screen for guests to be able to watch the game whilst enjoying the sunshine and food.  They also had few stands that display and sell Danish products.  I actually bought their chocolates which i finished the whole bag by myself :( and a box of Black-forest cake which was so yummy...  

Roast Pork Belly served with Homemade Hollandaise Sauce!


Nom Nom Nom ^^
This pub is well nice and massive inside...

Enjoying the scenery and clear sky whilst queueing for hot-dog ^^
Finally, free hot-dog yummm :D
Mickey mouse!!! Lol Random...
Performing Arts





Can you believe that this caviar look alike is vegetarian that was made from seaweed that was discovered by 'Jens Moller'

Black Forest Cake and Mint Chocolate ^^
Whilst I was exploring different stands, Emma has gone to play a 'piggy' game!  It does sound childish but honestly this game was so much fun.  I am in love with the dummy but ended up won a 'piggy' bag instead after being convinced by the lady and Emma (I'm weak with persuasion lol)!!! 




Miss Piggy & I ^^
The 'piggy' bag I won, I feel like 12 now lol 
We decided to take a break before our next stop to Austria House in which I ended up finishing the whole bag of chocolate that I bought all by myself (really, Elsa :S).  During this moment, I decided to take few pictures of my outfit of the day.  Believe it or not, I have this dress for over 10 years and surprised it still fits me and I love this dress because it is a classic style which I can wear during daytime and night time. 

Dress:  Body & Soul.
Bag:  Hugo Boss - belongs to mom actually ;P
Shoes:  Vivienne Westwood flats - I swear I wear this every single day 

My Favs of the Day 

Our next stop was Austria House which was only 5 min away from the station.  The place was not as exciting as Denmark house but we got to sample their different types of gluten-free bread and took few pictures. 





As we didn't want to waste such a sunny day, we first decided to go to Hyde Park to watch some events.  However, because I am claustrophobic Emma and her friend decided just to stay in Tower Hill instead - sorry ladies :(.  We decided to go to House of Nations that located just outside Tower of London, the place was built just for Olympics season where they served food and drinks indoor with massive screen, therefore everyone could enter to watch the game.  By paying £10 voucher which wasn't bad at all as you allow to stay the whole day.  They also set few seats up, games and stage for picture with torch outside the camp in which we chose to stay outdoors to catch some sun.  





The Torch is pure Gold! Well done Ladies :D





Strawberries served with Cream, Lemon Meringue & Lavender Biscuits - To Die For!!!
We ended up stayed outdoors until sunset before heading off to Stratford to grab something to eat.  Whilst window shopping, we bumped into water polo athletes from China.  

It has definitely been a fun day and by the end of the day I actually looked like a lobster for being under the sun for the whole day (no picture as I am pretty much 'RED', sorry guys).  As much as I love to get some tan and being under the sun, I am not looking forward to sunburn but hey if there is no pain there is no gain right.  Enjoy and have a nice weekend :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October Purchased

One outfit + 3 different style of shoes

Show Some Love